Saturday, March 30, 2013

Cococado Brownie Bites

My son LOVES his CLIF Kids brownie granola bars.  Being that they're not grain free, my goal is to replace them, so I gave this recipe a try, which is modified from What Runs Lori.

It did not disappoint.  I enjoyed them and my son wolfed them down.  I didn't even get a chance to take a picture.  Being that they're healthy, I let him have as much as he wanted.  I'll get pics with the next batch.

Makesabout 12 small cookies. Paleo;gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free.
  • 1/4 cup coconut flour
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3 tbsp honey
  • 1 avocado (pitted and mashed)
  • 1/2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil, melted
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup chocolate nibs or Enjoy Life mini chips
Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
In a medium sized bowl, mix everything together.
The batter should resemble regular brownie batter- not too wet, and not too dry, either- slightly sticky.
If needed, add in more vanilla extract and/or olive oil or melted coconut oil.
Use spoon to shape batter into small cookie shapes on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Bake on middle rack for 8-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment